Sunday, May 16, 2010

Black Elephant Ears...?

I would like to plant a few of these "monsters" around my property. (Hot climate zone 9b-10). I'd like to use them as a backdrop for some other complimentary and colorful varieties. Was thinking of planting them on the unobstructed northside of my house, as a foundation planting. Would they do better in the west? Any suggestions?

Black Elephant Ears...?
Elephant Ears are GREAT plants. If you plant them northside of the house, they need to have some sun=free time. Basically how these black beauties work is the more sun they get, the more water, since the leaves are so big they loose more H20 through them, they need.





Basically, more sun = more watering time. I guess it depends on how much time you have to devote to watering everyday.





Wherever you plant them I'm sure they will look


GREAT!!





Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment