Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's the best way to block out foot fall noises from upstairs neighbor?

So, I'm living in an apartment now for the first time in my life after living in private houses since childhood. I'm slowly getting used to certain things about apartment life but I just can't get used to a 800lb elephant living above me. It seems as if he/she doesn't have any carpeting on the bedroom floor, which is required in this co-op and I can hear every step he/she takes, which seems like a stomp stomp stomp. I actually believe that he/she is just walking normaly but the sound is amplified. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to block out those noises when I'm sleeping? I have a white noise machine but it doesn't mask the foot fall sounds. Please don't suggest ear plugs because I don't like anything IN my ears. Ear muffs that block sound would be my choice.

What's the best way to block out foot fall noises from upstairs neighbor?
Yeah, It's a pain in the butt till you get used to it, That's just one of the draw backs to living in a downstairs apartment! Most people never get used to it! You should take the complaint to the manager or ask to be transferred to an upstairs apartment!
Reply:Move. When I lived in apartments, i always chose the top most floor, never had a problem


No comments:

Post a Comment