Saturday, November 14, 2009

When would be the best time to put My Elephant Ears back in the ground? I live in zone 7.?

I removed them from the ground after frost killed them back, seperateed them, and stored them over winter in leaves and mulch, they haven't frozen, but I want them planted again at the right time. I know to wait until all risk of frost is gone, but when exactly. I live in North Alabama. Answers olease?

When would be the best time to put My Elephant Ears back in the ground? I live in zone 7.?
Why don't you plant them in a lg. pot indoors, then when the ground warms up plant outside. the reward to this method is they are well on their way %26amp; lg. earlier.


I live in zone 4 1/2 so I plant them in lg. pots %26amp; bring them in for the winter. they're really attractive in any rm. %26amp; the added bonus is they don't require SUNNY windows so they will grow in any room with a window!! Good-Luck, from a Master Gardener~
Reply:Not until the ground has warmed up quite a bit, and doesn't cool off too much at night. I would say not before June. I have set them out after frost, but while it was still too cool and they rotted in the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment