Monday, May 11, 2009

I need to know how to care for elephant ear plants in pots in the sun on my patio?

I too grow elephant ears in pots..very large pots. They get sun most of the day. I was told they won't grow in the sun but they will if you give them enough water. You didn't say your location. I'm in NC and I wait till the sun goes down and I give them nearly a gallon of water every other day. But I keep in mind that they are a shade plant so I will move them if they start to show stress. I haven't had to move them in 3 years. Make sure you have drain holes in your pot so they will not rot from "wet feet"

I need to know how to care for elephant ear plants in pots in the sun on my patio?
That's cruel, elephants need a much bigger enclosure than a typical garden pot, although you didn't state whether they were indian or african elephants. Perhaps you should consider repotting with something more appropriate for a patio, such as mouse ear plants?
Reply:They do much better in the shade. They like to be watered.


No comments:

Post a Comment